Sunday, October 10, 2010

MISSING HOME

Although I do love my adventures I am having down here in Ecuador, I have to admit I am starting to miss home more and more.... Yes, I realize I have been gone only 2 months. Fall is my favorite season...football, the air, the leaves, not to mention that I love fall clothes! I still frequent the J.Crew website....as well as the Anthropologie one:) I also miss my friends terribly, I happen to have THE BEST friends in the world and going this long without them is kind of painful at times.....Thank God for internet, atleast we can keep in touch that way. So, all this being said, I have never once wanted to quit here--Ecuador is a great country, with great people, and great places to visit.
It is funny, the idea of home to different people and the affect it has on them. Yesterday I had the chance to go on a little road trip to a few different towns north of Quito...what a treat! Ecuador has AMAZING countryside....it reminded me of Italy in many parts. The colors, the people....I am horrible at taking pictures, but I am for sure going to return to those parts and take pictures, and maybe even stay a few days:). Anyways, The my friend and I stopped for lunch and were talking about her work.....she travels to the states frequently and was saying how after about 2 days there, all she wants in some soup and good Juice (ok, America....so we can put a man on the moon but we cannot make fruit juice? It is true, Tropicana you stink in comparison). While, the whole time she was saying this I was thinking all I want is Whole Foods, or Chick Fil A.....I am sick of soup! It was an interesting conversation. I have come to the conclusion that while I love to explore and travel, I will never want to be away for long--Good thing I did not join the Peace Corps! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment